Saturday, November 21, 2009

An Orange!

This morning I walked out to the orange tree in my backyard and found that many of the oranges are looking...well....orange! I picked on and just ate it right now. It was delicious, juicy, and sweet! In other news, "winter" has arrived in Phoenix. I know this because I walked outside this morning without my shoes on and ended up with numb toes. I still haven't turned on my heat and it is still comfortable inside. It is a very nice time of year--we get that bite in the air in the early morning, but still a nice, warm, sunny afternoon in the 70s.

I got busy this week and didn't water my seeds for a couple days. In the pots where the seeds have germinated the seedlings look ok. I hope to see others germinating soon! My basil plant looked a little wilty. I am not sure if that is from the cool night or lack of water. I watered it a little and am confident it will bounce back.

This weekend I hope to make some progress on my bathroom project. I bought an antique vanity with the idea to convert it into my bathroom counter. The vanity has a marble top so I could get a hole cut into it for a sink and it could work very well. I also plan to replace the mirror and light fixture, as well as swapping out my toilet for a low-flow commode. I got an estimate from my handyman on the whole conversion/install process and it seemed fair for the work involved. Of course, I hadn't realized all the work that would be involved, so already I am reassessing what a realistic budget for this project will be. I am also thinking about doing a little more of the work myself to save some dough. I am wondering if maybe this nice piece of furniture I bought might be better off placed in my living room and if I should check out Lowes to see if I can get something that includes a sink and wouldn't require modification. Some things to think about in the world of home improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment